Monday, May 08, 2006

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, let us take a moment and remember this momentous day. For those who still unaware, today it was announced that PASON BECAME COUNCIL PRES! I am immensely happy for him and although i know this means i'll get to meet less of him and almost certain that he'll leave odac, i'm still glad for him for i know this is something he'll enjoy and something he'll do well in. So huat on powerpuff pau. (ok wth.)

0 8 0 5

And yes, today's lucky numbeer is 0805. If you want to buy 4D, this the number to buy. If you want to choose handphone number, this the number to choose. If you forgot someone's unit number, try 0805. Whatever the case, 0805 will pwnz all tonight.

Why?

Cause this significantly significant number (to three significant figures) signifies a date of great significance to a certain significant black individual and his very significant someone.

Ok moving on, elections have just ended and though this blog is far from being a blog about politics nor am i here to display my political leanings, nonetheless i feel i should just pen down what i feel about the elections and its results.

I think the results cannot claim to be very shocking. 2 opposition seats is kinda what was predicted/expected. An opposition GRC still has some way to go but i think the Aljuneid team fought hard enough. Personally, the result that shook me most was the 33% garnered by WP in AMK. I was like, woah, that is a really great percentage and considering this is the PM's GRC and all, 33% is a very very good result and goes to show that the opposition does have a chance in Singapore.

And speaking about opposition, i was drawn into a little of a conversation during break today. Most of them were commenting how they would very certainly vote the opposition when it came their time. I think all this interest in the opposition is good but truly we must question are we voting the opposition just so we can have an opposition or cause they will be a good opposition. I think voting for opposition for the sake of having an opposition is really stupid. Granted Singapore lacks a strong enough opposition but ultimately the whole idea of elections is to select the best and the very best person to represent you. And as the discussion went on, it even drew a statement like "who in our class will actually vote PAP?" and certain claims that the young does not like the PAP. I mean woah, that's quite a statement. I feel that we, especially being blessed to be enjoying a great education, should be one of the last people to feel so strongly against the government. Some people feel its damn cool to just sound rebellious and that voting against the pap is oh so against the mainstream and young people should embrace it. I think we have been very fortunate to benefit from the good governance of the PAP and like i've said, should be the last people to feel so anti government. I think the whole discussion kinda opened my ears and above all, convinced me that we are certainly still too young and too immatured to vote.

Ok off to do more work.

0 8 0 5

huat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home